Preparing for Your Debt Consultation
Preparing for Your Consultation at J Bottom & Associates
Finding yourself in debt can be daunting and disheartening. Many people don’t see a way to pull themselves out of significant debt. Fortunately, J Bottom & Associates is here to help British Columbia residents conquer their debt. We provide expert debt consultations at our offices in New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, and North Vancouver. Our team wants each client to feel comfortable visiting us, so we’ve laid out the basics of what to expect during your debt relief consultation. If you have further questions about the meeting or the process, please reach out to us directly. Our friendly team would love to be of assistance.
What Happens During a Consultation?
During your debt consultation, you’ll sit down with our Licensed Insolvency Trustees to discuss your financial situation. We’ll talk about the ways in which you can better your finances in a confidential, non-judgmental environment. Our team members are always compassionate and willing to listen to the intricacies of your situation. Many people don’t quite feel comfortable when they first enter our office, but we make every effort to maintain a relaxing, trustworthy atmosphere. After all, the most important thing is making you feel confident in your ability to become debt-free!
Be Prepared to Discuss the Following
As you plan for your appointment at J Bottom & Associates, make sure you have realistic debt consultation expectations. While everyone’s financial situation is unique, we take a streamlined approach to each case so we can obtain the information we need to help. To help us better understand your finances, be prepared to discuss the following topics:
- Your Goals: Have a good idea of your financial goals. As yourself, why am I going to see a Licensed Insolvency Trustee? What do I want to come of this meeting? Be sure to let us know of any specific financial goals you want to achieve in the short and long term.
- Your Assets and Income: Let us know how much you take home in income each month. Make sure to consider all income sources, including your full-time job, part-time job, and freelance work. We’d also like to get an idea of your non-monetary assets, such as a home or car.
- Your Debts: We’ll need to know the extent of your debt to figure out how to best help you. There’s no such thing as too much information here—let us know who you owe money to and how much you owe each person or party. We’d also like to know if you’re experiencing any consequences as a result of the debt. These consequences might include property repossession or wage garnishment.
Bring These Documents to Our Office
We ask that our clients bring a few important documents to their consultation. Our team understands that you may not have easy access to some of these documents but bring what you can. If we can get a solid understanding of your finances with only partial documentation, we can always fill in the gaps later! But to make for as easy a process as possible, try to have the following documents on hand:
- Debit and credit account statements
- Recent paystubs
- Recent income tax returns and Notice of Assessment
- Vehicle registrations
- Insurance policies
- Investment statements
- Property values and assessments
Get in Touch with Us to Learn More
You don’t have to let debt rule your life. After a debt relief consultation with J Bottom & Associates, you’ll have the tools and strategies you need to get back on your feet financially. We understand our clients’ hardships, and we realize that asking for help can be challenging. However, we strive to create a compassionate, comforting environment for everyone, regardless of their financial situation. We encourage British Columbia residents to get in touch with us at their earliest convenience.